Sunday, July 22, 2007

Funny Thing About Getting Hurt!

Funny thing about getting hurt is it only hurts for a short period, then you forget about it, you forget about the pain, you forget about what made you get hurt, the time of day it happened, who it was with, all this is lost somewhere in the back of you mind after a while. I was thinking about this on the way home from a friends home tonight when I actually got hurt a little, I scratched up my knee on a zip line and yes it did hurt but now the pain is gone and would I do it again??? YEP!!! It was fun, but until the next time I probably won't think of that incident again if I think of it at all. I began to wonder if becoming and staying a christian is like that for some people. You have the excitement factor when you first become a christian and you want to subdue the world as we know it and share Christ to all. Then as the days go by it seems our excitement fades and we even sometimes fade back into the old nature without much of a fight really. Until it gets to a point where we are so low that we have to stop and wonder how we got to this point, what caused us to go backwards instead of forwards? Whatever it was, we forgot about it, if it hurt; it only hurt for a few moments and then left us to be stored in the back of our mind. I pray I don't become like that with my relationship with Jesus, His hurt and suffering was more intense then we will ever know, and for us to just forget about the hurt that He endured for us is just a slap in the face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful friend to endow you with war wounds. Sounds like fun!

Giggler said...

Yes, we do have wonderful friends, I am beginning to wonder if they are trying to knock us off for some reason :)